Sunday, June 26, 2005

Bombs away!



Seeing as how I am too young to have been at any of the 72-74 World Series games, I can only say from personal experience that this was definitely the best game I had ever been too. The 17-th game of The Streak was nice but this had a certain aura, a certain sense of pride; in 2002, you had the seasoned vets, making the push for the division; this year, you have the rookies stepping up in a big way and you can see the future before your eyes. One would hoped that future does not include Ken Macha, but for today, that is a non-issue.

While pummelling Brett Bomb-ko is not uncommon, doing it in such a way that it embarrasses your cross-town rival (you should have heard the callers on KNBR!) makes it a pleasing event to see in person. There were tons of Giant fans in attendance and by the 5th inning they had departed. Oh how I wished I had a camera to show the humiliation on their faces.

Good times indeed...