Saturday, October 29, 2005

OT: Some thoughts

I know that the blog has been slow, but I am working on a project regarding Jay Payton and that should be up next week.

In the mean time, I thought I would discuss about what I have been doing lately. Along with school work, I have been doing some little repair jobs regarding some things that broke around the house.

I had a dvd/vcr combo system suddenly forget how to record in Super Long Play mode or SLP for short; the audio was garbaled and the video played fast. Turned out to be some dirty vcr heads so that required opening up the system and cleaning the heads using pieces of paper soaked in alcohol. I also got the service manual from www.manualzone.com which seems like a neat site for diy-ers.

Another project I am working on is a small Yamaha PSS-80 toy synth from 1989 that I found at a thift shop. I had been looking for one to fiddle with and convert into a midi controller for my computer desk. As of right now, it's waiting for some parts in order to add such as a headphone jack, volume control, and an automatic shut-off circuit for the batteries in case it hasn't been played for a while and I forget to turn off the synth. After these upgrades, I'll be looking into how I can modify it to have midi outputs.

I mention these things because I think durring the offseason, when there isn't many day-to-day events that require analysis, I will add musings and just thoughts regarding things in the news and in my life. Think along the lines of Andy Rooney.