Tuesday, April 12, 2005

And there is the way out

Ha! Once Orioles' lefty reliever Steve Kline gave up homers after poor defensive plays, you knew he was going to spew to the media. Apparently, he wishes he could undo the free agency departure from St Louis.

Well if there was ever a time to capitalize on a player, it's with Kline. As I previously stated, the O's were looking for a CF... well now, trading Cameron for Kline and Sosa and Cash seems like a pretty good deal.

But we don't have Cameron you say? Well look at what Roberto Hernandez of the Mets is saying about his former coach, Rick Peterson:
Hernandez credited pitching coach Rick Peterson, who worked with him in the early '90s with the White Sox.
'It's been a big plus, where he gets on me when I'm not doing my routines or when he thinks that I'm not finishing the way I should be . . . There's a trust and a bond.'


This is a great development as now the Mets can point to the reunion of Hernandez and Peterson and correlate that to a potential reunion of the CY Young Winner Barry Zito. We'll have to see as the season progresses but this is starting to become a great opportunity.